Dragonflies

Northumbrian Birder in search of Dragonflies !!

Blog Outline

This is just a blog diary on my growing interest in dragonflies, not meant to be too serious, just somewhere I can put some photos and comments on what I have observed.



2010

2010/2011

Friday 25 June 2010

Black Tailed Skimmer

Black Tailed Skimmer.........Orthetrum cancellatum
First Black Tailed Skimmer of the year on the 22 June, another species I don't know much about . they tend to fly low and often alight on the ground but this does not aid trying to get photographs as the detail is often lost.


3 comments:

  1. location details (in uk) would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi St, missed your comment as it did not show on the dashboard, I did text you the precise location at the time , Woodhorn Flash,4 present on Tuesday 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Brian,
    I just meant generally across the blog, all species.
    I was thankful for the info.

    ReplyDelete